Today is wash day…so I prepped my entire area, my tools (products, combs, clamps, hair net, shower cap, towel, mirror, etc) out and went to work. My hair is 6 months natural, and I have colored it at least 2x. I know…bad, bad.
No worries I have moisturized, deep conditioned, protective styled and asked for forgiveness from the hair gods. I have watched several YouTube vidoes, and the one that inspired me today was
BlakIzBeautyful ….thank you for doing such a great job with your tutorial!
So this is what I did:
- Sectioned my hair in 6
- clipped each section
- Poured warm water, into a spray bottle
- Got my hot oil on hand
- Sprayed each section with water, then saturated each section with hot oil/water.
- Clamped each section
- Put on a cap
- wrapped my hair with a towel
- watched tv, for 30 mins
- Headed to wash out hair
- shampooed hair
- deep conditioned hair
- additional 30mins, with cap and towel wrapped around my head.
- washed that out
- twisted entire hair with Shea Butter, and Eco custard to hold my twists.
Lets just say it was a really long day…my shoulders should look beautiful in the morning. I’m not sure what I will do with my hair tomorrow…but im certain it will involve a scarf and some loose hairs 🙂
Wash Sunday is no joke…seriously was a 4hour process…and I loved every moment. It was soothing and it was therapeutic.
Till next time.